SMILE -In a nutshell, National Smile Month is the UK’s largest and longest-running campaign to promote good oral health and is run by the Oral Health Foundation.
Together, with thousands of individuals and organisations, National Smile Month highlights three key messages, all of which go a long way in helping us develop and maintain a healthy mouth. They are:
- Brush your teeth last thing at night and on at least one other occasion with a fluoride toothpaste.
- Cut down on how often you have sugary foods and drinks.
- Visit your dentist regularly, as often as they recommend.
Here at the Bride Dental Clinic on this last day of Nation Smile Month we have, smiled our way through the last 4 weeks.
- We took lots of photographs of our team smiling and posted them on Facebook.
- We ran a promotion on teeth whitening to help anyone who wanted to their smile brighter.
- Our like and share competition, saw one lucky winner receive £100 of dental treatment.
- Finally our most fun and proactive event, was a visit to Vale school. Dr Ushita Shah held an assembly for the infants to talk about their key dental hygiene. It was a lovely opportunity to help the children learn a bit more about dental hygiene and the importance of cleaning their teeth. Dr Shah enjoyed her time with the children and said “it was good to spend time with the children and interact with them away from the dental surgery”. At the end of the assembly all the children received a pack containing a toothbrush, timer and teeth cleaning chart, which we are sure will help the children understand how long and how often they should clean. It is certainly something we would like to do again, during National Smile month next year.
We hope that next year, we can have more fun smiling and thank you to all those that helped us promote it.