Out-of-hours Emergency Dental Treatment Policy
If you have a dental emergency, we aim to offer you treatment within 24 hours on our normal working days. When the surgery is closed you may need urgent treatment if you have:
- Toothache or swelling that suggests an infection of a tooth or gum
- Severe toothache or facial pain which is not controlled by taking over-the-counter painkillers
- Trauma of the face, mouth or teeth after a recent accident or injury
- A permanent tooth knocked out
- Bleeding after tooth extraction that you cannot control
- Serious swelling of the mouth or face which is getting worse]
- Patients undergoing a treatment which is causing a problem.
Please call the practice in the first instance on 01481 245357. The contact number of the on-call dentist is on the answerphone.
There is a minimum call out fee of £250
For less urgent health needs, contact your GP or local pharmacist in the usual way.